Merging Facebook pages can be a smart move when you have multiple pages representing similar entities. Whether your pages have similar names or different ones, this guide will walk you through the process of merging them effectively.
Part 1: Preparing for Page Merging
Before you embark on merging your Facebook pages, it’s important to prepare them for the process. Here’s what you should do:
- Name Alignment: Change the names of the pages to be merged so that they are either identical or as similar as possible. For example, if you have “Safe Tricks” and “Safe Trick,” make them as similar as possible.
- Update About Section: Ensure that the About sections of both pages contain similar information, including the website, address, and description.
- Backup Content: Keep in mind that the content of the merged page will be overwritten. Therefore, it’s advisable to download any essential photos or content you wish to retain.
Part 2: Merging Facebook Pages with Similar Names
If your pages have similar names, you can proceed with the merging process. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the following URL: https://www.facebook.com/pages/merge
- Select the two pages you want to merge.
- Click on “Merge Pages.”
You will now have a single Facebook page with combined likes and check-ins.
Part 3: Merging Facebook Pages with Different Names
Facebook’s policies only allow you to merge pages with similar names. If you have pages with entirely different names that you wish to merge, follow these steps:
Suppose you have two pages, “Safe Tricks” and “Pahul Singh,” and you want to merge “Pahul Singh” into “Safe Tricks.” Here’s how:
- Change the name of the “Pahul Singh” page to “Safe Tricks Pahul Singh.”
- In a second request, change the name to simply “Safe Tricks.”
Repeat this process as needed to make the names as similar as possible.
Part 4: Troubleshooting “Pages Can’t Be Merged” Errors
If you encounter errors like “These Pages can’t be merged because they are too far apart,” you may need to address them as follows:
Error 1: Addresses and Maps: Remove addresses and map details from both pages before merging.
Error 2: “An error has occurred while merging pages…” This error occurs when attempting to merge too many pages. To resolve it:
- Reduce the total number of pages you are trying to merge, and merge them in pairs with similar numbers of likes.
- Submit a manual merging request to Facebook by filling out this form: Facebook Merge Request Form (Note: This form may not be publicly available and requires some additional steps for access.)
Part 5: Merging a Larger Facebook Page into a Smaller One
If you want to merge a page with more likes into one with fewer likes (or none), you can use the Facebook request form mentioned above.
In conclusion, this comprehensive guide on how to merge Facebook pages should help you navigate the process successfully. We’ve covered everything from preparation to troubleshooting. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy merging!